Built-up Roofing Systems
Considered the traditional flat roofing system, Built-up roofing systems consist of multiple layers of roofing felt or other reinforcing material, such as fiberglass and asphalt. The term "built up" refers to multiple layers of these reinforcing materials using asphalt to provide strength, durability, and weather resistance.
Roofing Concepts services Rhode Island ( RI ), Massachusetts ( MA ) and Connecticut ( CT ).
- Built-up roofs offer incredible durability
- They can easily be maintained by the owner or occupant's maintenance personnel after some training.
- Repair materials are easily available and repair techniques are relatively straightforward.
- Longevity of applications
- Vulnerability to standing (ponding) water
- Limited ability to expand and contract
- Extremely labor & equipment intensive
- Usually applied "Hot" using an open flame
- Price- Expensive application
Contact Us Today!